Glossary (trial version)
Click on the first letter of the word/phrase
you wish to look up.
- Feasibility study
- A study of the existing and future parameters of a drainage
or other project in such detail that a reasonable estimate
of its profitability can be made.
- fibric peat
- relatively young peat that is only partially decomposed,
with a fibre content > 66 %. It is characterized by high
water retention, low pH, low bulk density, and little ash
- Field capacity
- The volumetric water content of a soil after rapid gravity
drainage has ceased. It usually occurs about two days after
the soil profile has been thoroughly wetted by precipitation
- Field drainage system
- See drainage system.
- Free water surface
- See water table.
- The beneficial effects of one entity upon another entity
and which can be studied scientifically.
This glossary is based up on the published
glossary taken from the following publication:
Rieley, J. O. and S. E. Page, (2005), Wise
Use of Tropical Peatlands: Focus on Southeast Asia, ALTERRA
- Wageningen University and Research Centre and the EU INCO
- STRAPEAT and RESTORPEAT Partnerships, Wageningen, The Netherlands.
here to download a PDF copy of the publication - http://www.restorpeat.alterra.wur.nl/download/WUG.pdf
(Filesize: 23.3 Mbytes)