Glossary (trial version)
Click on the first letter of the word/phrase
you wish to look up.
- Garis-garis Besar Haluan Negara, Guidelines for State
- Greenhouse effect
- Gasses such as CO, CO2, CH4 and N2O which enter the upper
atmosphere from the soil surface, allow solar radiation
of short wavelength to reach the Earth but retain longer
wavelength radiation of. This causes warming of the atmosphere.
- Water in land beneath the soil surface, under conditions
where the pressure in the water is equal to, or greater
than, atmospheric pressure, and where all the voids are
filled with water.
- 1 gigatonne = 109 metric tons = 1 petagram (Pt) = 1015 grams
- GGAP (Guidelines for Global Action on Peatlands)
- see Annex 5 of Rieley, J. O. and S. E. Page, (2005)
This glossary is based up on the published
glossary taken from the following publication:
Rieley, J. O. and S. E. Page, (2005), Wise
Use of Tropical Peatlands: Focus on Southeast Asia, ALTERRA
- Wageningen University and Research Centre and the EU INCO
- STRAPEAT and RESTORPEAT Partnerships, Wageningen, The Netherlands.
here to download a PDF copy of the publication - http://www.restorpeat.alterra.wur.nl/download/WUG.pdf
(Filesize: 23.3 Mbytes)